Getting back on the courts
In these unprecedented times we are required to operate under severe constraints but we all want to make it possible to get back on the courts and play tennis even if it's a different sort of tennis than we're used to.
Effective June 12th we are able to offer private lessons and summer day camp registration.
While we are operating under the ever-evolving provincial, municipal and public health pandemic restrictions and recommendations the items listed below constitute an addendum to the club rules.
If you are a registered and paid member for the current year you can log into members only
with your email address and the current gate lock combination as your access code to book a court.
- In order to facilitate access control and contact tracing play is restricted to MEMBERS ONLY (i.e. no guests) and ONLINE COURT BOOKING IN ADVANCE IS MANDATORY. We ask our members to respect this requirement and not book for non-members or give out the lock code to anyone who is not a currently registered member.
- Until you register and pay online you are not allowed to be on the courts.
- We cannot currently accept registration in person or payment by cash or cheque.
- YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or any known coronavirus symptoms, (incl. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.) or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 and/or flu-like symptoms or have travelled internationally in the previous 14 days.
- Court booking will be on the hour for 50 minutes, allowing for a 10 minute gap between bookings. In order to minimize contact you are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your booked court time and leave the immediate area no more than 5 minutes after your time ends.
- We are NO LONGER RESTRICTED to 2 people per court. We are now allowed up to 16 people on court at any one time. See instructions on court booking page for more information.
- Spectators or members waiting to play are discouraged.
- It is recommended that you do not change ends while playing in order to minimize contact.
- We cannot provide chairs. If you want a chair to sit during change overs or between sets you must bring your own.
- You must sanitize your hands and any touch surfaces such as handles and locks upon entering and leaving the courts.
- Do not share equipment or engage in high-fives, fist or elbow bumps or other forms of physical contact prior to, during or after play.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and avoid touching your face with unclean hands.
- It is recommended that each player bring and handle only their own clearly marked tennis balls. When it is necessary to return a ball to another player it should be done only with the racquet and/or foot in such a way as to avoid direct contact with another player's ball.