2017 Members' Tournament
Wednesday, Jul 12th - Sunday, Jul 16th
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD printable (PDF) tournament registration form
On-line Tournament Registration
Rules Governing Play
- Only full Adult members (or an Adult part of a Family Membership) may register.
- Registration opens June 20 and closes July 4.
- Tournament fees are $6.00 per player for each event.
- Your tournament fee(s) must be fully paid by July 4. Registrations are not valid until tournament fees are paid in full.
- There will be no refunds and no player substitutions allowed.
- All matches will be scheduled by the Tournament Director.
- All matches will be played between Wednesday, July 12 and Sunday, July 16.
Start times Wednesday - Friday evenings are 6:00PM - 9:00PM. Start times Saturday and Sunday are from 9:00AM to 9:00PM.
If you cannot be available for these start times, please do not register.
- Match schedule and any changes due to weather or emergencies will be decided by the Tournament Director and posted in the clubhouse and on-line.
- Monday, July 17 is an overflow day to allow for schedule ‘slippage’.
- Draw sheets and the first round schedule will be posted on-line and in the club house no later than the end of the day, Monday, July 10.
: (please be sure you have read and understand the rules before registering)
- Player availability: By registering you certify that you will be available to play on the dates and times scheduled for your events. And player(s) who arrive for scheduled match more than 10 minutes late will forfeit the match and be disqualified from the tournament for that event.
- Match Format: All preliminary matches will have a maximum playing time of 50 minutes preceded by a 5 minute warm up.
Preliminary matches are decided by the winner of one "pro-set": first to win 8 games or whoever has won the most games at the end of a 50 minute time limit, which ever comes first.
In the case of a 7-7 tie before the time limit, the match is decided by a standard tie-breaker: first to reach seven (or more) while ahead by two points (or more).
All finals will be best 2 out of 3 standard sets.
- Balls: Each team is required to supply an unopened can of tennis balls for preliminary matches. One can is used for the match. The winners get the remaining unopened can; the losers get the used can. The club will supply balls for the finals.
- Officiating: Players are expected to call their own matches. In the event of a disputed call the point should be replayed. Players by mutual agreement may arrange their own umpires and line judges. Upon request officials may be supplied by the Tournament Committee for the finals.
- Results: Winners are required to report results as soon as possible following their match. Results should be written on draw sheets AND reported to the Tournament Director either in person by email or by the on-line Tournament Results form.
- Rules of Play: The official rules for the tournament are the Tennis Canada Rules of the Court.
Andrew Mohamdee, Champion;
Marc O'Sullivan, Finalist.
EJ Eikenberry & Andrew Mohamdee, Champions;
Kevin Chaves & Josh Beutel, Finalists.
Barb Bergeron & Takako Chartrand, Champions;
Narcisa Puf & Colleen Thurston, Finalists;
Michelle Song & Kevin Chaves, Champions;
Colleen Thurston & Bob Merrick, Finalists.