Getting back on the courts during Stage One
In these unprecedented times we are required to operate under severe constraints but we all want to make it possible to get back on the courts and play tennis even if it's a different sort of tennis than we're used to.
We are in a privileged position -- of all the sports the City supports in its facilities, we are fortunate to be allowed to re-open during the province's Stage One. The Ottawa and Ontario tennis communities and your board, staff and volunteers have done a lot of work to make it happen so please appreciate this fact when you see restrictions you won't like. Frankly, being allowed to use our facilities when other sports can't use theirs, is not a bad position to be in.
While we are operating under provincial and municipal pandemic restrictions and recommendations the items listed below constitute an addendum to the club rules.
If you are a registered and paid member for the current year you can log into members only
with your email address and the current gate lock combination as your access code to book a court.
- In order to facilitate access control and contact tracing play is restricted to MEMBERS ONLY (i.e. no guests) and ONLINE COURT BOOKING IN ADVANCE IS MANDATORY. We ask our members to respect this requirement and not book for non-members or give out the lock code to anyone who is not a currently registered member.
- Until you register and pay online you are not allowed to be on the courts.
- We cannot currently accept registration in person or payment by cash or cheque.
- YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY if you are not feeling well or are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or any known
coronavirus symptoms, (incl. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.) or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 and/or flu-like
symptoms or have travelled internationally in the previous 14 days.
- Court booking will be on the hour for 45 minutes, allowing for a 15 minute gap between bookings. In order to minimize contact you are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your booked court time and leave the immediate area no more than 5 minutes after your time ends.
- We are restricted to 2 people per court or a total of 8 people on all 4 courts. To play doubles you must book 2 adjacent courts, listing all 4 players, and play on one and leave the other empty.
- Spectators or members waiting to play are not allowed.
- It is recommended that you not change ends while playing in order to minimize contact.
- We cannot provide chairs. If you want a chair to sit during change overs or between sets you must bring your own.
- You must sanitize your hands and any touch surfaces such as handles and locks upon entering and leaving the courts.
- Do not share equipment or engage in high-fives, fist or elbow bumps or other forms of physical contact prior to, during or after play.
- No lessons, organized programming, mixers, camps, tournaments or league play are permitted at this time.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently and avoid touching your face with unclean hands.
- Consider wearing gloves and/or a mask for an extra level of protection.
- It is recommended that each player bring and handle only their own clearly marked tennis balls. When it is necessary to return a ball to another player it should be done only with the racquet and/or foot in such a way as to avoid direct contact with another player's ball.